How much should your bathroom remodel cost is an ongoing question that we keep finding more information to share with our readers
A bathroom remodel can vary greatly in price and you will want to think about how much you want to spend on it. The price of your bathroom will depend on the current size and layout and what the layout and size will be. According to an annual construction cost survey by RemodelingOnline
, a moderate bathroom remodel averages $14,784 in the Metro Atlanta
; an upscale bathroom remodel will averages $48,519.
These are averages; actual costs may be higher or lower. If you want to be lower than these prices check out our partner at Cabinet Cafe
Having designed bathrooms and kitchens for years we have some great designers on staff that are certified. We are members of NKBA and NARI and our designers have taken classes and use thier guidelines to help create the best Bathroom and Kitchen for our customers. Here are some tips from our designers.
- The best way to keep the price down is to stay within the footprint of your existing bathroom. You can gain more space by eliminating a linen closet or eliminating the bathtub if you are like most of our customers who prefer to have more space and a bigger shower. Maintain present location of major fixtures, appliances and utilities relative to the plumbing, gas and electrical outlets. This could even apply to the location of the telephone. Moving plumbing, wiring and jacks can be extremely expensive.
- Your plumbing fixtures can be a costly item. The least expensive selection is chrome. Even a high-end chrome faucet is considerably less than a mid-range brass or porcelain version. A standard four inch spread faucet will costs less than an eight inch spread faucet. A word of advice: The price variances in faucets reflect the various internal and external features. Always choose a faucet with replaceable internal parts. You won't want to have to replace the entire faucet if it breaks – it's simply not cost-effective. You will want to explore what the features are how much they cost. Having all of those body sprays in your shower will be expensive and you may not use them as much as you thought you might. The best feature in your shower is to have a handheld fixture that you can use to rinse the shower with when you are cleaning it!
- Choose neutral colors in fixtures, cabinets, tile and countertops. They can cost less initially and wont look dated when the color trends change. White sinks are much cheaper than color varieties. And neutral colors for countertops are less than custom colors.
If you want a home addition, a kitchen or bathroom remodel, a finished basement, or a complete home makeover, Masterworks offers 30+ years of experience
- Picking the right tile is important. It ties one room to another and provides visual consistency. Familiarize yourself with the prices of the various flooring materials to make the best decision for your home. To get you started, ceramic and porcelain are less expensive than stone and will wear better over time. Stone will show wear and softer than ceramic or porcelain.
- Consider your cabinet options carefully when picking them out. Your choices will drive the overall price. You can add some options at a later date to defray some of the initial cost. The color, style and wood species will vary in cost. Try to select something that will stay in style for a long time and is not a custom color.
- Use stock cabinetry instead of custom cabinets, or use a combination of the two if they are compatible. This will save you money and help you keep the cost down.
- Consider cabinets without trim moldings or with simple trim.
- If you are going to install new wood trim (in your crown molding, trims, and door casings) to match the new cabinets, order pre–finished trim instead of having the painting or staining done on–site. This will decrease labor cost. Ordering finger–jointed vs. clear vertical grain also will save you money.
- Laminate countertops are the least expensive choice among solid surfacing, tile and granite. You can dress it up with wood or tile trim for a more innovative look. You can also look at granite remnants to help save money.
- Remember that you can have a wonderful bathroom with a simple design and not break the bank!
. Whatever your need, Masterworks provides quality work without the luxury price tag. If you can imagine it, we can do it. Quality work and luxury at a price every homeowner can afford, Masterworks is the top choice for Atlanta's most exclusive and knowledgeable homeowners. Master Works Building - Renovating - Design has many satisfied customers in Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Duluth, Roswell, Atlanta, Marietta, Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Woodstock, Norcross and Suwanee markets. Recent projects includes homes in Country Club of the South, St. Ives Country Club, White Columns, St. Marlo, Laurel Springs, and homes on Lake Lanier.